Friday, January 10, 2014

Luxurious Necessity

Day 10

Today I was in such a rush to get out the door to work for two main reasons.

1. I was lazy
2. I have amazingly accurate skills when it comes to hitting a snooze button- BULLSEYE!!

Anyway I got up, didn't have time for a shower,wondered around in a funk looking for clothes I failed to lay out the night before, slammed some coffee, brushed my teeth and looked in mirror and decided I was fine without makeup. I arrived in the nick of time.

After doing a few emails, phone calls and invoices I ran to the restroom where upon glancing in the mirror I realized I had made a terrible miscalculation. When I decided to forgo makeup I was glancing at myself WITHOUT my glasses.  Now that I had my glasses on I had great regrets. Everything is just so fuzzy and soft looking without my dollar store specials on.

So all day I have been feeling kinda well........gross.

I can not wait to get home and take a shower!!!!
I am fortunate enough to have clean running water in my home at multiple locations.
Not everyone is . The people my family works with in Tanzania have no such luxury.
 And that really isn't the right word for it-
Luxury....

No they have no such ....necessity.
This is something you and I do not comprehend.
I have always  had running water, most likely you have also.

But women and young girls, as young as 5 years old, walk anywhere from 5-10 miles a day for water- and get this:  It's not even clean.
Showering isn't even the top water  priority..........drinking water that wont make you sick is.





Today I will go home after work and wash all the grunge off me.
I will be refreshed and come out with a new attitude.

Dig Deep Give Well  is a non profit organization(5013c) that t gives clean water to people in Africa. We are a small group where no one is paid.
We give clean water and the Living water of Jesus' love.
We are not associated or backed by a church. Just 9 God Lovers working together.

So I am thankful for my clean water and I want others to have it too.
I invite you to join me by praying for our efforts, giving to build wells and best of all-
 Come with us to Africa!!  We are leaving in June!!!

I am going to go be grateful now under a spicket of forgiveness.
And with the looks I'm getting from my co-workers I think they will be grateful too.






No comments:

Post a Comment