Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Get Grateful and Purchase with Purpose

Tomorrow starts the month in which Thanksgiving falls.
A few years back I ran a 30 day giving activity. It was a place  a day that you could give, donate or serve that was an established non profit or a local charity.  The beginning of that month starts with this link  if you want to check it out.

 I am choosing to embrace the month of November with a plan of gratitude and purpose.
I want to start and end every day purposely being thankful. I will find ways to purchase with purpose for the upcoming holidays.
Purchasing local or charitable is wonderful way to show gratitude and acknowledge others. Purchases that are local keep your dollar in  your community, appreciate the local business owner and applaud the creativity of local artists.
It also gives you an opportunity to give a one of a kind gift that doesn't come with prime shipping.
No offense to the big retailers but I am getting specific and intentional this season. The less clicking I do and the more engagement I have in my hometown the more relational interaction I will create.

Another reason to be truly grateful.  

I will also throw in a few international organizations that have a faithful financial track record and result on the ground for those they serve. These will be organizations that I have given to throughout the year and also rate high with Charity Navigator.

I will end my day writing  a thank you note to someone who has influenced, blessed or been involved throughout my life or the life of my family. 

 My day will be hedged in these two parentheses of gratitude.

So stop by each day and see what is new. And leave me a comment and let me know how you get grateful and how you purchase with purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment