Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DAY THREE: SFMS UNIFORM CLOSET

Today's assignment might be a little scary, and if you want to wait until the weekend to tackle it , I understand.

I want you to go to your ..........wait.........here  it comes:
Your child's room. 

 I know . I know it is a frightening prospect.  I mean who knows what lives in there. This is especially  true if you have teenagers.  I have three. All donations of sanity and margaritas are accepted.  Oh wait that's a different cause  Sorry I got off track.

Heres my daughter's  closet .See what I have to deal with?   Let's face it I just made you feel better about your situatiob by posting my ( her) dirty laundry . your welcome . 
Go venture into that room and start going through school clothes. How will you know if it's time to let that u inform piece go? Here is a no fail system:
 Check out your sweet one as she heads out the door this morning. Does she look like she is prepared for random flooding?  Is she going frog gigging after school?  If she had a tattoo on her ankle could you clearly see it?  
If you answered yes to any of these questions then it is time to bless a shorter child with those pants.
Come to think of it my  tall amazon children have often had this look.

Spanish Fort Middle School is asking for uniform donations to replenish their Compassion Closet. Clothes in the pantry are given out to children who may need them on any given day and don't have a parent available to help out.   

I want you to take a moment and think back to when you were in middle school. Does anyone, I mean anyone, want to repeat that part of your life?    I personally just shuttered a little.

When you are a gangly , pimple spotted mess of arms and legs that don't work together accidents can happen.  Your legs run into chain link fences, puddles splatter on you at random and heaven help you if your a girl and an uninvited guest shows up to declare your womanhood. ( There  are just not enough jackets you can wrap around your waist)

The sizes of middle school include children, junior and adult sizes. Heck I saw a kid yesterday who was so tall I thought he was a new P.E. coach and in the same hallway I almost asked a wee thing if she  had lost her mama.   We need an abundacne of clothes so the PTA can also provide uniforms for any child whose family is struggling with funds.

If you are not in the Spanish Fort Area check with your school to find out their needs or contact Prodisee Pantry that also has a uniform closet. Donations will be accepted right at the schools. 

Alright time to gear up!  You can do this.
Feel free to call/text/email me and let me know how it went and if you need a pick up. If  your entry into the teenage room was especially tramatic then mabey we can go out and work on those donations of sanity andmargaritas.  

Send  the uniforms your child to school or contact me at

Alison Hill
25-1463-3511
alison_hill@bellsouth.net
or drop at
7371 Saluda Blvd

Need more info?
Contact SFMS 625-3271 





No comments:

Post a Comment