Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 13 on Day 14

Day 13 is being recorded late because Day 13 of this brand new year is January 13, 2015. The day my oldest child turns
               21!
Oh my gosh. I am now a mother of an adult child!  Some once told me when my kids were little and I was in the throws of infant, baby and toddler that the "days drag , but the years fly."
That statement has never been truer than today.

As I reflect back on all those days before 21 I remember some as precious and fun others frightening and maddening.  I have wished for days back. Some to repeat  the sweet times other so I could have a do-over.  But none of those days are coming back. They now exist only in our memories and of course the fabulous scrapbooks I keep; and if I could re do those days I would savour those moments far slower than I did as a young mom.  But rather than get all days-gone-by on myself I have decided that the best years of our life and our relationship as mother and daughter are yet to come.  

Today is officially the first day of The Best of Our Lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment