Thursday, March 13, 2014

First Responder

I woke at 3:30- and not just woke up and can  roll back asleep kind of of awakening
It was go time!! 
I wanted to go back to bed - wanted 2 more prescious hours. 

Tried to negotiate , justify and force my way back into some REM time, but it wasn't meant to be.  

Now normally at this point I would wrestle  until I  nodded  off. 
  Oh how I wanted to stay in this heap of warmth. 

But I noticed that I was awake and that when this happens and I do not take advantage of it - 
I always regret it 
God has something to say to me and I dismiss it for the idol of sleep

Now don't get me wrong sleep is important.  But I had been woken up like this before and I had wasted those opportunities 
Not this time.  
 I got up 
I gave in
And I got  on with it 

If I want to hear God , and I do, it's high time I noticed His calling and responded

It is time for me to become a first responder. 

" Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness , and all these things will be given unto you." 


No comments:

Post a Comment