Monday, April 14, 2014

DAY 14: RANSOM CAFE

We are at the 2 week mark! I have just had the best time researching the needs of our area and talking with people! I am also exciting about those of you who have contacted me with donations. Please keep spreading  the word and giving. It takes so little to bless so much! That is just how God works. He's cool like that.

Today I am featuring a great organization called Ransom Cafe`  
It had me at Cafe`. I do love to go out to eat. As a mom it just tickles me to have someone else refill my ice tea. I am a great tipper because  basically getting my tea refilled is a spa day for me. So with food and drink in mind get into your kitchen. The most used room in your house. Time to start going through drawers and cabinets and that pantry!!  I have got a place for you that needs your grits and at least one of your 4 cheese graters. The Ransom Cafe` all about service. Service to others in need. 
The Armbruster family that runs Ransom does so with their whole heart.

The Armbruster Family
Check out the blog post here to understand how deep their affection runs for others. Ransom Café offers multiple locations throughout Baldwin and Mobile counties and operates like a restaurant but with no set menus or set prices. They have  an ever changing menu dependent on donations and foods that are able to be purchased at little to no cost. 


Ransom believes some can pay more and some may not be able to pay as much and if someone can’t afford to donate monetarily, then they can donate their time or products, or produce to be used in the preparation of the meals.  Therefore promoting  the ideal of a hand up not a hand out. They are open for lunch 11 am until 2 pm and the second Friday night of each month for dinner using theme and guest chef nights. A complete list of locations with hours of operation can be found on the home page. 

 Ransom Café  desire is to give to the community, by not only providing a basic need, but also  a mentoring program to help people learn valuable skills in order to obtain and keep employment. Cooking classes are offered for all ages and backgrounds. They also oversee two community gardens and operate The Clean Machine, a portable laundry , shower and restroom facility.  The regular needs of Ransom Cafe` are listed here and at the end of the month I will be donating my extra kitchen equipment along with fresh food items that are needed. When I head that way I will let you know. In the meantime I am going to check out the volunteer opportunities for me and my family. It is a great place to get all members of your family involved in serving others.

So with that motivation in mind, head to that kitchen and tackle it one drawer at a time. Putting just 15 minutes a day away to de clutter and moving as fast as you can in that time will produce enormous results of freeing yourself from the bondage of "stuff" and blessing it forward.
Now go,  you have important work to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment